Friday, April 25, 2008

Decisions Decisions

I am in a much better mood now.
I have been "thinking" about homeschooling the crew for almost 2 years.I actually had A out of school last year and we were doing good,then we had an immediate need to move and she ended up back in public school this year.She is the one I am mostly having trouble with.My dear hubby is only concerned that I won't be able to handle all the kids home all the time.They are not the best at listening to directions NOW,how will I possibly get them to listen to do school work on top of the chores they don't do,the times they talk back,etc?
I have tried to explain to him that I firmly believe that a part of (not all of it I am not delusional) comes from the kids and unfortunately some of the adults they come into contact with every day.I really think they will be getting better when they get home full time.That is what happened when I brought A home last year.It was not overnight,but she liked the things like us being on our own schedule and picking out her own "extra" classes.Her grades went from straight Fs to As and Bs.I don't think I have to say this but no I was "giving" her any "help".That is the attitude I get when I tell people about the turn around with her grades last year.They don't believe it.
This has been wieghing on my heart for so long.But of course I am scared too.I have 3 with special needs,and they all have IEPs and I absolutely do not want to take them out and do it myself unless I KNOW I can do it right.
We also have a unique situation with my personal disability.I am legally blind,I can not drive a car,and my hubby has to work all the time.So I am more concerned with "socialization" than most.I also won't be able to do field trips all the time,things of that nature.These things keep me from taking the plunge,but I read other blogs and have talked to other homeschool moms,and my heart just aches to have them home full time.There has to be a way.

No comments: